Monday, September 16, 2013

Violence and the Aftermath

I was originally going to do a simple tech versus nature piece.

Then I got the news about the shooting at The Navy Yard. Where my Dad works, and very near where I used to work. It wasn't something I ever thought could happen.

I had to do what any artist would do. Channel my feelings, worry, horror, fear, sorrow into my work. The piece before you is "Violence and it's Aftermath". I'll post the individual panels too for anyone who wants to look at them individually. I could write a whole essay on why I did the work the way I did, but I'm sure you don't need that to be told all that. I'm sad right now with many more miles to go till I can sleep.

My best wishes to all affected by this tragedy,
- E. Rader






   

     




No comments:

Post a Comment